About Me

My photo
Midway, NC, United States
I retired from Bali Bras, Sara Lee Intimates. Married in Oct 1976. I love meeting new people so hope to hear from you. Drop me a line. I've been doing crafts of all kinds since I was a kid. I loved making things and especially things that are recycled. I had never stamped until 2001 when I went to a stamp class while on vacation. We went to a local store to buy the stamps we had used. OUCH. When we got home I saw a Stampin Up catalog and realized how much money I could save with their stamps and best part as they are sets that go together which makes for easy card making. After doing some thinking I decided I should sign up as a demo and see what happens. I didn't know the first thing about stamping and still learning. Retired from Sara Lee Intimates in Feb 2001. I was in sales after many years, since age 18, as an office person, secretary, office assistant, etc. I am out of Stamping Up since Spring 2017 but still have lots of supplies!!!! These days I'm back to quilting and having a great time.

Friday, April 17, 2009

May Stamp classes with Joan



















































Butterfly card is "Faux Silk" and oh so easy. I'll try to post instructions this weekend. I can see that I also need to photograph at an angle so you can see how cool this is. With all the small scraps of paper, you can faux silk them and just use them as background squares on a card or scrapbook page. So so easy. Remember to see a close up of the card, click on the photo to enlarge it.







Stamp class is fun and you'll usually make 1-3 projects depending on time needed. Class runs 2.5 hr. and will begin at time mentioned. If you are not finished by end of class, you'll need to complete the project at home, please.
Be sure to check your calendar and mark your dates. Don't see a date that works, let me know. First classes with bookings will be the classes for the month.

If you are in club, don't forget to put the club party on your schedule. I'll have giveaways, we'll eat, work on service project and make a cute project.

Monthly class: $15 if you are not in club. I used glue sticks in class.
Things you might want to bring, paper cutter, snips for fussy cutting, your favorite adhesive, bone folder. I provide everything but some items are helpful. I may ask club members to bring something to make class go faster.






I'll be posting photos of the projects some time Monday, 5/11. We're doing a card with Faux Silk and I'll post step by step photos.




Monday, May 11, 2009 6:15-8:45 pm This class is full at the moment but always ask about cancellations as life does happen.

Wednesday, May 12, 2009 1:45 - 4:15 pm $15 class at Sr. Center in Lexington, NC Let me know if you want to attend or call Sr. Services. Seating for 8. Check for the picture of last month's class under class photos. Next class is June 9, 1:45. Reserve your spot by calling Sr. Center ,Lexington, NC. Thanks to Janie, Elizabeth, Glenda and Marie for coming, see you next month.

Canceling: Sunday, May 17, 2009 2-4:30 pm Seating for 8 See 5/21.

Tuesday, May 19, 6:30-9 pm STAMP CLUB PARTY for current '09 club members.
Have you signed up. Remember I'll a make 'n take and giveaways. We're eating around 6:30 please as busy evening. I'll ask for RSVP around 4/10. Salads, couple of sweets. I'll provide paper products, drinks and goodies. I'll have door prizes in hopes that everyone actually wins one. I have at least one project planned for you as a Make 'n Take. I may need you to bring your bone folder. More details after I have # attending.

Club Party.... '09 Service Project. To all club members, I'm collecting kids books during April & May. Got any books in good condition to recycle. Books from $1 section of store, etc. will be great. I think books for all ages. Shelter in Lexington says they have a lot of familys with kids and they arrive with NOTHING. She said they would love to have them. Plan is to make wooly worm bookmarks for the books at the club party. Someone did mention the small parts on the bookmarks dangerous for small kids. I certainly agree and will work on an idea that might not have moving parts or let them just give them to older kids. Todate, 4/26/09 I have received "10" books. Even Nancy's friend sent money for books. Thanks bunches. If time we could also make a card for the mom's.



Thursday, May 21, 2009 6:15-8:45 pm class:



Seats reserved for: Susan Kelley, Susan's friend, Ann Krieg, Carol Ford, Belinda Smith

Monday, May 25, 2009 6:15-8:45 pm Prepaid "Cute little bag class" Using my new little bag die, you will make at least 8 little bags. You can get 2 bags per 12 x 12 page. Check back for photo.
Prepaid class: Cost is.... purchase of product:
Select 1 pack of (any) SU designer paper, $9.95
Sticky Strip $6.95
From Occasions Mini, Pack of Window Sheets, $4.95



Total with s/h and tax will be $25.66. Don't forget to include your choice of paper.







Then come to class and use my die and big shot to cut your bags and we'll assemble a few in class. We'll make little tags for them also. I'll provide the brad to attach the tags.
Deadline for this class is 5/11, Prepaid. as I'll need to order the supplies.
















Thursday, May 28, 2009 6:15 - 8:45 pm. This class is full .....but never hurts to check for cancellations. Seats reserved for: Allyson B; Anne C; Julie H; Sharon S; Sandy S, Lea K, Sharon W, Litz











No comments:

My Blog

May, 2009 when I started the blog and it's still a learning experience even in 2017.

If you are ever looking for a retired stamp set, ask me, I might have it and let it go.

As a follower you'll get emails when I post things which I tend to do in batches, once or twice a month once I get back on schedule.

Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate all comments.