About Me

My photo
Midway, NC, United States
I retired from Bali Bras, Sara Lee Intimates. Married in Oct 1976. I love meeting new people so hope to hear from you. Drop me a line. I've been doing crafts of all kinds since I was a kid. I loved making things and especially things that are recycled. I had never stamped until 2001 when I went to a stamp class while on vacation. We went to a local store to buy the stamps we had used. OUCH. When we got home I saw a Stampin Up catalog and realized how much money I could save with their stamps and best part as they are sets that go together which makes for easy card making. After doing some thinking I decided I should sign up as a demo and see what happens. I didn't know the first thing about stamping and still learning. Retired from Sara Lee Intimates in Feb 2001. I was in sales after many years, since age 18, as an office person, secretary, office assistant, etc. I am out of Stamping Up since Spring 2017 but still have lots of supplies!!!! These days I'm back to quilting and having a great time.

Saturday, February 13, 2010

January 2010 class projects

Below are the January 2010 projects and necessary information to make them. If you need more information or item numbers,please don't hesitate to contact me, jlowder1@bellsouth.net

Valentine's is here.
I have to tell you I'm just in love with the new Texture Plates. What an easy background for any card.
When you open this card the little heart will dangle. I did not have any of the current heart sets so this heart is from an old stamp set. But any heart that will fit inside the hole will work. The heart was stamped twice and glued together and hung from 4 jump rings.


Dangling Heart on Dots tweaked idea, & inspired by Kim Kesti, Papercrafts, 2/08, pg. 68





  • Stamp Sets: A Happy Heart, Any heart set with heart small enough to dangle thru the hole., I also used Love Ya and Listen with the Heart both retired.


  • Paper: White, Real Red


  • Ink: Real Red


  • Accessories: Real Red Stripe Grosgrain ribbon, ¾”; jewelry rings x 4; glue dots, pop dots, silver brads x 2; texture plate “backgrounds 1” Lg. Dots; lg. round scallop punch, 1/16” hole punch, any punch you have for tags for the words on the front. I didn’t have different sizes so I used Modern Label punch, #116630.



1. Slide the round circle scallop punch in from the side ¾ way up and punch out.




2. Using this place the back side of the Red that has been textured, against the white and from the inside draw the scallop for alignment for punching out the red. You cannot punch out both at the same time as it will stick and break your punch.




3. Glue the red piece over the front of the white card.




4. Find a heart stamp that will fit in the hole and dangle. You need to make two that can mirror together. Glue together and punch a 1/16” hole in the top of the heart.


5. Adhere 4 jump rings.


6. Punch a small 1/16” hole in the top of the scallop hole to hang the rings from. Over that hole glue (with glue dot) your tied piece of ribbon to the size you like.




7. Stamp your words and put brad thru hole at one end. Because of the height that the brad raises it up, I used a pop dot on the other end underneath.




8. Inside the card I stamped the big heart from A Happy Heart and words from Listen with the Heart.




Card: Upsy Daisy on the soft side tweaked idea, Inspired by Barbara Miriello

I'd have to say the colors are not very true to color. My camera and I are having conversations over this color issue. Sad to say this is Mellow Moss and Apricot Appeal.


Stamp Sets: Upsy Daisy, Cheesecloth background stamp (or any of your choice), any word set you want for the inside



  • Paper: Mellow Moss 4 x 3 ¼” , Always Artichoke, Apricot Appeal, Whisper White 3 x 1 ¾” (Or Certainly Celery & Old Olive w/same ink)


  • Ink: Mellow Moss, Always Artichoke, Apricot Appeal


  • Accessories: Apricot Appeal Ribbon (about 8 inches), 2 gold brads, 1/16” hole punch, Distressing tool, Glue dots, Hole alignment from Mat Pack.

    Card is Always Artichoke. Side piece is Apricot Appeal. Tear down and stamp with a background stamp or if you prefer stamp the card with background stamp.


  • On the Mellow Moss, stamp the flowers from Upsy Daisy in Mellow Moss, toward the top of the piece. Distress the edges.


  • White piece. Stamp your verse in A.A., distress 3 sides, not the top. Adhere to bottom of M.Moss piece.


  • Put some double stick tape on back sides of M.Moss piece and pull the ribbon across the front and adhere to back (to save ribbon). Attach the bow with glue dot or slip thru and tie. Wrap around pc of ribbon is about 4 ¼ “ and the faux bow is about 3.5”.


  • Punch 2 small holes, using the hole alignment from Mat Pack, or eye ball with pencil to keep straight and not to close to edge or each other.



    3-D project: Peppermint Patty FLOWERS treat bag Tweaked idea, inspired by Toni Ellison


Well I was so disappointed when I discovered that Hershey’s York Peppermint Patties have new packaging. Talk about messing up a project midway thru the month. So I’d suggest that you look for the off brand mints that still have the nice folk wrapping. PS. I think you now get less York’s. They say bigger patty but actually less in the bag itself.

Stamp Sets: Any words you like. This would be cute with stamped circles for flower centers.
Cardstock: Color you like with coordinating paper

Accessories: 4 Peppermint patties (small), Med. Cello bags, Lg. round scallop punch, 1 3/8” round hole punch. big glue dots, stapler or brads to hold closed.
Adhere print paper circle on scallop and glue to back of patty with lg. glue dot.
Make a topper and close with staples, brads or tape.





No comments:

My Blog

May, 2009 when I started the blog and it's still a learning experience even in 2017.

If you are ever looking for a retired stamp set, ask me, I might have it and let it go.

As a follower you'll get emails when I post things which I tend to do in batches, once or twice a month once I get back on schedule.

Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate all comments.