About Me

My photo
Midway, NC, United States
I retired from Bali Bras, Sara Lee Intimates. Married in Oct 1976. I love meeting new people so hope to hear from you. Drop me a line. I've been doing crafts of all kinds since I was a kid. I loved making things and especially things that are recycled. I had never stamped until 2001 when I went to a stamp class while on vacation. We went to a local store to buy the stamps we had used. OUCH. When we got home I saw a Stampin Up catalog and realized how much money I could save with their stamps and best part as they are sets that go together which makes for easy card making. After doing some thinking I decided I should sign up as a demo and see what happens. I didn't know the first thing about stamping and still learning. Retired from Sara Lee Intimates in Feb 2001. I was in sales after many years, since age 18, as an office person, secretary, office assistant, etc. I am out of Stamping Up since Spring 2017 but still have lots of supplies!!!! These days I'm back to quilting and having a great time.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

January 2012 projects

January 2012 class projects with instructions.

Be sure to check back to other class dates as I'll be updating instructons for them as well. Working backwards

Follow Me on Pinterest

Pin It
Card #3: Hugs and Kisses Valentine Heart
Sets:
Priceless/R , Filigree background stamp/R, Happy Valentines Day from Teeny Tiny Wishes #115370, hugs and kisses & From the Heart from All Year Cheer I
Cardstock: Not Quiet Navy card is finished size 4 ¼ x 5 ½” folded. ( I cut it at 4 ¼ x 11 and folded) + Lg Oval punched from Not Quiet Navy, Front is W.White 4 x 5”. W.White in 4 x 5 ¼” for inside of card. Pink Pirouette, a strip from scraps + large oval punched out piece. Melon Mambo printed piece (or stamp a piece of Pink P with Melon Mambo).
Ink: Not Quiet Navy, Melon Mambo, Pink Pirouette, Versamark pad: NQN pad & marker. Melon Mambo for filigree on heart. Versa Mark pad or Pink Pirouette for small swirl from Priceless on Pink P oval. For flowers stamp off with Not Quite Navy or Bordering Blue would be good or Pink Pirouette for flowers and Melon Mambo marker for center.
Accessories: Big Shot, Not Quiet Navy marker, Lg. oval punch, Scallop Trim Border or any scallop border punch. Pop dots, a heart punch or die. I used sizzix Hearts, Tipsy for this heart.

Instructions: Stamp the big swirl from Priceless in Not Quite Navy across the top of the white. Then stamp the flowders by stamping off for a pale look of Not Quite Navy. (or use Pink Pirouette for the flowers and a dot of Melon Mambo for center). Cut out the pink oval and stamp with the small swirl in same color. To save time for class I did stamp the pink heart and the oval using the Filigree stamp set. I stamped one side with versa mark and one side with the color that matches the paper as you get two different looks. Stamp your words in NQNavy and mount onto a Not Quite Navy oval. To options for the oval, offset with the Not Quite Navy oval or…. Outline the oval with Melon Mambo only. If using a second oval of Not Quite Navy, you’ll need to edge part of the pink to fool the eye. Punch out a Melon Mambo big heart and stamp in same color with Filigree background or you could use the big swirl from Priceless. I found it easier to stamp the paper first and then punch out the hearts if you are making several. Never hurts to have some on hand. Find a scrap of Pink P. for a strip on the side. A piece of printed Melon Mambo or??? Pink P stamped with Melon Mambo using Filigree that is then punched with a border punch. Stamp the envelope to suit you.






Card #1:
Up Up and Away in my Beautiful Balloon
Set: Up Up and Away; Live Love Laughter
Card: Pacific Point with W.White inset 4 x 5.25” x 2 (1 for inside of card if you choose). On the white you’ll use either a scallop punch or a torn edge or waffle cut edge of white scrap and sponge on the sky with Bashful Blue, starting at the top of the paper. White for the balloons. You’ll need a strip of white to stamp the balloons on and cut out.
Grass: I changed the color of grass: Strip of Certainly celery, 5 ¼ x 2”; Wild Wasabi 5 ¼ x 1 ¾” and a piece of Garden Green 5 ¼ x 1 ½”. Either waffle cut the top or tear for grass/mountains. Adhere the wasabi to the back of the C.Celery and then Garden Green behind it. These will get glue onto the bottom of the white to line up with the edges.
Ink: Black, Bashful Blue, Balloon colors of your choice. I used Baja Breeze, Melon Mambo, Wild Wasabi, Daffodil Delight, Soft Suede for the baskets, black for the birds (or use a marker and just make lazy v shapes).
Accessories: Big Shot, Emboslit “Live every moment” (for inside the card), Pop Dots, glue dots, yellow sponges, round scallop punch & scraps, something to rough up the edges of the grass.
Using a Round scallop circle, sponge on Bashful Blue to form clouds in the sky. I used the yellow sponges, quartered. Add the birds in Black, here and there.
Stamp the balloons in colors you like (as many as you’d like 3-6) on a strip about 1 ¼” wide and cut out. On the little baskets, stamp them in brown in a row with space in between. Cut across the bottom and up the sides of the basket with excess white above the basket. Put a glue dot on the front of the white part to adhere to the back of the balloons.












Card 2: Snowman & Snowflakes card
Stamp sets: (Retired) Thanks Snow Much, year 2000. (or any snowman stamp you have will work) , Let It Snow.
Cardstock: Bashful Blue cardstock 5 ¼ x 4” and W.White 2 5/8 x 4” & for full card 1 pc 5 ½ x 8 ½” folded for card 4 ¼ x 5 ½”
Ink: Bashful Blue, Craft Black or black stazon.
Accessories: colored pencils for scarf and hat. 6 pop dots for snowman piece. Big Shot, Snowflake background embossing folder “Snow Burst #124096 ( Run bashful blue thru Big Shot with Snowflake background embossing folder). Snowflakes from confetti, using a punch or some other source.
Instructions: Cut cardstock , w.white at 5.5” and fold for a card 4 ¼ x 5 ½”. Run Bashful Blue thru Big show with embossing folder. Stamp your snowman on white piece 2 5/8 x 4”, a bit to left side. Stamp top of snowman again so you can cut out his hat and scarf to layer on. Sponge Bashful Blue around the edge of the white piece, softly and then catch the edges for a darker edge. Stamp your words in black and cut out and mount on B.Blue. In this case I used Let It Snow! . Punch some snowflakes and adhere hanging off the pop dotted white piece with snowman. I did not pop dot the words as they are on the white piece which is already popdotted. Snowflakes, I used an old sizzix punch. SU offers a punch that will work.




Thanks for stopping by to see what you might have missed. I love that snowman card as I wait for some snow. If you think I missed something or something you don't understand, please let me know. To book a seat, call me at 336-764-3546 or send an email jlowder1@bellsouth.net If I don't respond within the day, please check back with me.

No comments:

My Blog

May, 2009 when I started the blog and it's still a learning experience even in 2017.

If you are ever looking for a retired stamp set, ask me, I might have it and let it go.

As a follower you'll get emails when I post things which I tend to do in batches, once or twice a month once I get back on schedule.

Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate all comments.