About Me

My photo
Midway, NC, United States
I retired from Bali Bras, Sara Lee Intimates. Married in Oct 1976. I love meeting new people so hope to hear from you. Drop me a line. I've been doing crafts of all kinds since I was a kid. I loved making things and especially things that are recycled. I had never stamped until 2001 when I went to a stamp class while on vacation. We went to a local store to buy the stamps we had used. OUCH. When we got home I saw a Stampin Up catalog and realized how much money I could save with their stamps and best part as they are sets that go together which makes for easy card making. After doing some thinking I decided I should sign up as a demo and see what happens. I didn't know the first thing about stamping and still learning. Retired from Sara Lee Intimates in Feb 2001. I was in sales after many years, since age 18, as an office person, secretary, office assistant, etc. I am out of Stamping Up since Spring 2017 but still have lots of supplies!!!! These days I'm back to quilting and having a great time.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

March 2014 class projects

Most of you know by now that I've only been offering an afternoon class for my seniors (or anyone) and the fee is $15 for 2.5 hr. class and I'll supply everything you need.   If you need double stick tape for a project, I'll provide it for that project.  Otherwise we use glue sticks.  You may prefer your own adhesive.   I also offer 2 evening classes that mostly includes my gals in stamp club and they pay a club fee.  From time to time I will have a seat open if you are interested and the class fee is $15 same as my seniors class.

Thanks to some of my stampers we checked the Easter stamp section and found this cute retired set with the bunnies that I do think make the little egg tote very cute.   Here are the results.    It's been requested that we do this project again in April.  I'd encourage you to get your eggs early.    I noticed Walmart had a lot, box of 5 for $2.88 but the caramel was all gone and I got the last 2 chocolate I could find in Kernersville.    If you purchase the punch listed below, we'll plan a play date for those folks to make 5 of these (bring your own eggs) in April.  See the special below. 


Always bring a sweater and dress in layers as my stamp room is downstairs in my basement.  that I have less classes these days.  2 evening classes that are gals in my stamp club.  There are a couple of seats open if I need to fit someone in.

Call me if you are interested in a class, if there is a cancellation.  336-764-3546

 Well of course I planned on finishing up the March class projects this past weekend but being without power put a kink in my plans.  Then of course UPS was late delivering my order and then on top of that, Stampin Up was out of the punch I was waiting for to do one of the projects, the little Cadbury tote.

Darn, sure was counting on that punch.   So, improvise.....   I had some tag dies, taped two together and the little tote came together.  Now of course the punch that's on backorder would make for less work but if you like it, come back in April and we'll make more just in time for Easter mini gifts.   Also get your eggs before they are gone.  I found packs of 5 to a box for about $2.88 at Walmart.  The chocolate is in chocolate foil, the caramel in gold foil and of course the normal Cadbury egg in the Red and blue foil.    Now I bought chocolate and caramel but since I'm also making some gifts, guess I'll go back and get some of the regular eggs.

Joan's March Special:  Purchase the  "Scalloped Tag Topper Punch #133324"  price $22.95 Scalloped Tag Topper Punchand you'll be invited back to make 5 more of the little egg totes before Easter.  You can stamp what you want based on what I have.   Depending on the number, I'll do an afternoon and evening session and the fee will be $5 unless you purchase the punch in which case, it's free.    Be sure to pick up your pack of eggs before they get gone so you'll be ready and don't eat them.  You'll want to have them when you make the totes.    This punch could also be used to put over other candies as well or just make tags.  Punches sure do make life easier and I've learned over time, in the long run, it's worth it.

March 2014 projects:  You will make each card this month and one egg tote with choice of egg.    This is your chance to be an artist and do a little watercolor and the a simple but elegant card in black and vanilla.  I think it would be fun to make the black/vanilla card perhaps again in a class but maybe in another color palette.  



Now, while a bit late, I think the little egg tote would be cute for St. Patty's day with some candy and shamrock in green glitter.  

Ok, so I'm ready for spring and Don is making me put away the snowmen in the house and my Snow pillow.  

No comments:

My Blog

May, 2009 when I started the blog and it's still a learning experience even in 2017.

If you are ever looking for a retired stamp set, ask me, I might have it and let it go.

As a follower you'll get emails when I post things which I tend to do in batches, once or twice a month once I get back on schedule.

Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate all comments.