About Me

My photo
Midway, NC, United States
I retired from Bali Bras, Sara Lee Intimates. Married in Oct 1976. I love meeting new people so hope to hear from you. Drop me a line. I've been doing crafts of all kinds since I was a kid. I loved making things and especially things that are recycled. I had never stamped until 2001 when I went to a stamp class while on vacation. We went to a local store to buy the stamps we had used. OUCH. When we got home I saw a Stampin Up catalog and realized how much money I could save with their stamps and best part as they are sets that go together which makes for easy card making. After doing some thinking I decided I should sign up as a demo and see what happens. I didn't know the first thing about stamping and still learning. Retired from Sara Lee Intimates in Feb 2001. I was in sales after many years, since age 18, as an office person, secretary, office assistant, etc. I am out of Stamping Up since Spring 2017 but still have lots of supplies!!!! These days I'm back to quilting and having a great time.

Monday, July 4, 2011

July 2011 class projects

July 2011 Class projects

















Call me if you have questions. 336-764-3546 or email: jlowder1@bellsouth.net



"Perfectly Herb Simple"

I love how simple this card is:


Card: Perfect Plum


Accent Cardstock: Elegant Eggplant 2 3/4 x 4 1/4" for behind the herbs. Whisper White 2 1/2 x 4". Scraps for Elegant Eggplant circle. Perfect Plum is the card.

Stamp set: Herb Expressions


Ink: Perfect Plum, Old Olive marker, Perfect Plum marker, Old olive to daub around oval.


Accessories: 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" circle punch, lg. oval punch, yarn or ribbon of your choice, Sq. Lattice embossing folder, pop , dauber. One nice thing about sq. lattice embossing folder is that you actually get 2 looks depending on which side you like.

Instructions: Stamp the herbs on the white piece 2 1/2 x 4". Punch out a circle with 1 1/4" anywhere you chose on the herbs. Save this piece and mount it onto the Elegant Eggplant circle that was punched with 1 3/8" circle punch. Might even want to pop dot this piece. The herbs piece with the hole punched out, gets mounted onto Elegant Eggplant 2 3/4 x 4 1/4" piece and onto your embossed card . Mount this stacked circle with pop dots over the hole that you had punched out.


"Move over Picasso" and free yourself. Wow, it's amazing how much fun this was. I was able to make about 30 cards in about 15 minutes.
Card: Whisper White

Ink: Your choice but here I used, Delightful Daffodil, Melon Mambo, Pacific Point blue

Stamp Set: Old Hostess Set: Live Like you Mean it.


Instructions: Take your lightest ink pad and swipe it in the center of the card. Now from the edge to the center, take another color and drag onto the center color. Turn your card around and do the same from the other direction with your next favorite color. Lift up as you get to the center. Take some practice but I just love this card.




Rose in the Window is way easy and looks so good. I think you need a big stamp to see it well.


Set: Wild Rose, a square stamp


Card: Old Oive


Accent Cardstock: Whisper White for flower is 3 x 3", Brown for the flower is strips of Choc Chip, 1 1/8" x 3 3/8". Pumpkin Pie is 3 5/8" x 3 1/2"


Ink: Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Choc Chip


Instructions: Background is so cool and so much fun to make. Release your tensions making this background. Using a square stamp and ink or using spots ink pads to make the background.


Stamp the rose onto cardstock and cut up into 1 inch square and remount. Trick. You must mark the back of your rose before cutting it apart of you'll be faced with a puzzle trying to reassemble. Be careful adhering the brown to the p.pie as it is not square. .


No comments:

My Blog

May, 2009 when I started the blog and it's still a learning experience even in 2017.

If you are ever looking for a retired stamp set, ask me, I might have it and let it go.

As a follower you'll get emails when I post things which I tend to do in batches, once or twice a month once I get back on schedule.

Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate all comments.