About Me

My photo
Midway, NC, United States
I retired from Bali Bras, Sara Lee Intimates. Married in Oct 1976. I love meeting new people so hope to hear from you. Drop me a line. I've been doing crafts of all kinds since I was a kid. I loved making things and especially things that are recycled. I had never stamped until 2001 when I went to a stamp class while on vacation. We went to a local store to buy the stamps we had used. OUCH. When we got home I saw a Stampin Up catalog and realized how much money I could save with their stamps and best part as they are sets that go together which makes for easy card making. After doing some thinking I decided I should sign up as a demo and see what happens. I didn't know the first thing about stamping and still learning. Retired from Sara Lee Intimates in Feb 2001. I was in sales after many years, since age 18, as an office person, secretary, office assistant, etc. I am out of Stamping Up since Spring 2017 but still have lots of supplies!!!! These days I'm back to quilting and having a great time.

Monday, July 13, 2015

Some fabric pieces I've done.

I had every intention of posting since my last post but it just didn't happen.  Will try to stay on top of it.  Here are quilt projects from past 6 months.   Tracking down the cards we've made since Jan. and I'll post.

  My life stopped last summer when Mama got sick with a very bad UTI.  I stopped my stamp classes and I stopped sewing.  Life began again Jan. 2015.    I'm happy to say she is well, going on 93 in Sept. and enjoying her apt. and life at Creekside Terrace Independent Living.    She has good meals, friends, activities.    I think she is happy.

Forgive me if I'm repeating some pics  I've listed before.

     Here is a fabric panel I had that I decided to quilt and frame for a wall hanging.  Port Anywhere
gives you that relaxing feeling.



















This is the last preemie quilt I've just finished.
























Sadly I had already booked a day trip to AQS quilt show in Charlotte, July, 2014.  Mama is not doing well in rehab.  Just not trynig.  Just hate to leave her even for a day.  At urging, I went to the show.  This is a pattern I bought at the show, after my sister called to say they had put Mama on oxygen.  It would be Jan. 2014 before I would work on this.  I did this at the scrapbooking retreat as well.  Zoom in to see Gentle Moments top and bottom.  Pattern was just the boot/flowers but so skinny that I added the border and then it looked to plain so I added the thread sketching.                    







Trying some free motion and my friends                                                                                      method of binding as you go.  














Went to a scrapbooking retreat in January with friends who don't care if I sew.  I made the bowls.







This was a watercolor challenge from my Beecassos Quilt Group where we used crayons, colored pencils, chalks, etc.    I drew out my flower and then did a stitch around my design.  Then I filled the spaces with color.  I used water color pencils and a bit too much water as you can see it blead out.    Then I decided to add more thread sketching.  Quilted it at the retreat.    Also the yarn challenge.





I needed to cover my chair pillow and found a great fabric at ACMoore.    Also got this beige fabric with green to cover pillow on porch sofa.  Probably going to wish I had made it a slip cover.  Other pillow was too rough for hubby's head.






Mama had some winter pillows on her sofa.  We swapped out her quilts for a summer look.  I made these slip covers for the pillows.  My sister had made the quilt on the sofa and I thought the twist and turn flowers on white would be fresh.  This is way more time consuming than it looks.  I think each pillow took me about 5 hours.








My first jelly roll quilt.  Started it last spring before Mama got sick.  Finished it this year.  Next time I'll measure as it's a throw that came out more square then rectangle, per hubby.





Mama said she wanted a pillow for Nana's rocker but the pillows kept sliding down.  I had made this small piece
with buttons.  So cute.  Decided to add the red and turn into a pillow with ties for her chair.






Wasn't sure what this would be.  Was playing around with scraps that turned into pot holders.  Wasn't thinking because didn't put in a heat proof later so they are not good for things from the oven but pots are ok.    Actually the two scrappy ones are front and back.  The greens are front and back.




I was given this fabric and I wanted to try just making blocks and joining.   Not great but I still liked it.  Preemie for hospital.




I obsess over small scraps and decided to make some mug rugs.  Bigger than a pot holder.  Like a big coaster for a beverage and small plate of snacks.    

 Then I advanced to try applique and free motion.















Wow, I discovered  the 1/4" stitch on my sewing machine.   DUH.  My jelly roll Preemie quilt matched up so much better.  Back was so boring I decided to add the applique daisy.    Had fun making the front as well as the back.  Hard to know where to put the label.                                  

 
   Southwestern Preemie quilt.    I thought this was fun to make.






















Not a cat lover but the panels were just too cute to pass up.   Not sure if I have listed this one before.  Actually made this Spring of 2014.






No comments:

My Blog

May, 2009 when I started the blog and it's still a learning experience even in 2017.

If you are ever looking for a retired stamp set, ask me, I might have it and let it go.

As a follower you'll get emails when I post things which I tend to do in batches, once or twice a month once I get back on schedule.

Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate all comments.