About Me

My photo
Midway, NC, United States
I retired from Bali Bras, Sara Lee Intimates. Married in Oct 1976. I love meeting new people so hope to hear from you. Drop me a line. I've been doing crafts of all kinds since I was a kid. I loved making things and especially things that are recycled. I had never stamped until 2001 when I went to a stamp class while on vacation. We went to a local store to buy the stamps we had used. OUCH. When we got home I saw a Stampin Up catalog and realized how much money I could save with their stamps and best part as they are sets that go together which makes for easy card making. After doing some thinking I decided I should sign up as a demo and see what happens. I didn't know the first thing about stamping and still learning. Retired from Sara Lee Intimates in Feb 2001. I was in sales after many years, since age 18, as an office person, secretary, office assistant, etc. I am out of Stamping Up since Spring 2017 but still have lots of supplies!!!! These days I'm back to quilting and having a great time.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Actual/Faux quilted card shared by Tammy

Tammy Carhart comes thru again. Thanks tons for sharing your project.

I's all about the sharing as far as I'm concerned. Thanks for giving back by sharing. I love it and think that you should now try your hand at doing this with some fabric. What a cool idea to turn this into a mini quilted wall hanging. Think about it. Great job.

From Tammy Carhart to Joan:

I had to share a picture of the card I made for my Mom for Mother’s Day. She is a BIG quilter so I tried a “quilt” card. I actually SEWED too. I have NEVER sewed anything before. My Mom bought my daughter a sewing machine about 2 or 3 years ago because she wanted to try out quilting but never used it so I have pulled it out and actually using it on CARDS, haha!!! Mom thinks that is so funny but she LOVED her card….

I also used your technique you (Joan) taught us for the pink flower

No comments:

My Blog

May, 2009 when I started the blog and it's still a learning experience even in 2017.

If you are ever looking for a retired stamp set, ask me, I might have it and let it go.

As a follower you'll get emails when I post things which I tend to do in batches, once or twice a month once I get back on schedule.

Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate all comments.