Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Joan's vacation.... colored pencils

Well most of you know that I take this time off every year to just play and recharge.  Been doing some different things this year.  Trying my hand at Colored Pencils.  Check these out.  Still tweaking #1 and the other two are works in progress.    This is from a 1.5 hr. private class with Nan Klein.    Today I also met Jan Jones, Colored Pencil Artist as well as Donna Caputo who does I believe oils, colored pencils and I'm sure other art.    All these gals are good and hope some of their talent rubs off on me.
Of course I didn't have anything to practice on so I free handed this ???? Poinsetta to practice on. 
The leaves I'm still working on but again, I didn't have Nan's sketch of the leaves so I free hand copied them as best I could for an outline and now I'm filling in the color.    It's a relaxing hobby.   

Some of the work by the ladies mentioned above would make you question if it was a photograph.  They are good. 

This is another group I visited on vacation and it's all about artists helping each other.  I'm adding them to my blogs to check out.  artisthelpingartist.wordpress.com 

No comments:

My Blog

May, 2009 when I started the blog.

It's still a learning experience. If you are ever looking for a retired stamp set, ask me, I might have it and let it go.

As a follower you'll get emails when I post things which I tend to do in batches, once or twice a month. For class dates go to my Stampin Up events calendar: http://www.joanlowder.stampinup.net/

Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate all comments.