About Me

My photo
Midway, NC, United States
I retired from Bali Bras, Sara Lee Intimates. Married in Oct 1976. I love meeting new people so hope to hear from you. Drop me a line. I've been doing crafts of all kinds since I was a kid. I loved making things and especially things that are recycled. I had never stamped until 2001 when I went to a stamp class while on vacation. We went to a local store to buy the stamps we had used. OUCH. When we got home I saw a Stampin Up catalog and realized how much money I could save with their stamps and best part as they are sets that go together which makes for easy card making. After doing some thinking I decided I should sign up as a demo and see what happens. I didn't know the first thing about stamping and still learning. Retired from Sara Lee Intimates in Feb 2001. I was in sales after many years, since age 18, as an office person, secretary, office assistant, etc. I am out of Stamping Up since Spring 2017 but still have lots of supplies!!!! These days I'm back to quilting and having a great time.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

August 09 class uses Level 2

This was a fun card to do in our August '09 class.

It's way faster than it looks. I love crumpled leaves. If you can't cut a leaf freeform then stamp a leaf and cut it out and then you have the option to use the reverse side. The soft green leaf is a white leaf, crumpled and then rubbed with Old Olive.



This card used Level 2 set for the envelope and flower on inside of the card.



The words are from

The card is one of the new In Colors: Rich Razzleberry. Wow it is pretty.


Now the flower is from the round scallop die. You get 2 sizes. Best to sponge color on the edges and then go back and add some soft streaks of color out to the edge leaving sort of a soft center. To make the cuts which makes it look like it's been scored, make long cuts from scallop indentions and then shorter cuts in the actual scallop..... make sense. Then brush more color on and it sticks to the cuts and viola... the illusion is solved.



The dark center is using a 1" punch that has been snipped around the edge. Glue dot holds the button on. I was inspired for this flower and card by Joanne, Sussex England, Mainly Flowers.

The edge is using the scallop eyelet border punch. Be prepared for lots of little dots. Oh my that would be great confetti. I'm sure there is something we could do with those dots. oooooooh I just had an idea. a glue dot in the center and then drop the dots onto the glue dot and I do think it would really look like the center of a flower. Will have to try that and post.

The inside of this card is simple and since the cardstock is dark, there is another sheet inside, simple. Oh I'll bet you can't really see how pretty the white background is on this card. It's using one of the texture plates. Maybe enlarge it and maybe you can see it.

Supplies:
Colors: Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry
Cardstock: Whisper White # 100730 on Rich Razzleberry #115316, Old Olive
Eyelet Border Punch: #113692
Texture Plate: Swirl side of Perfect Details #115962 $3.95
Flower: Scallop Circle #2 die, #113469, $19.95 ( I think depending on how you make the cuts you'd get several different looks)
Stamp Sets:
Teeny Tiny Wishes #115370, $36.95 has so many choices of short greetings, pg. 145
Wings of Friendship: #114308 Level 2 set...... earn it FREE, pg. 14
Curvy Verses : #114948, pg 140 $23.95



Remember you can order all these supplies directly from http://www.joanlowder.stampinup.net/ .



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

My Blog

May, 2009 when I started the blog and it's still a learning experience even in 2017.

If you are ever looking for a retired stamp set, ask me, I might have it and let it go.

As a follower you'll get emails when I post things which I tend to do in batches, once or twice a month once I get back on schedule.

Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate all comments.