About Me

My photo
Midway, NC, United States
I retired from Bali Bras, Sara Lee Intimates. Married in Oct 1976. I love meeting new people so hope to hear from you. Drop me a line. I've been doing crafts of all kinds since I was a kid. I loved making things and especially things that are recycled. I had never stamped until 2001 when I went to a stamp class while on vacation. We went to a local store to buy the stamps we had used. OUCH. When we got home I saw a Stampin Up catalog and realized how much money I could save with their stamps and best part as they are sets that go together which makes for easy card making. After doing some thinking I decided I should sign up as a demo and see what happens. I didn't know the first thing about stamping and still learning. Retired from Sara Lee Intimates in Feb 2001. I was in sales after many years, since age 18, as an office person, secretary, office assistant, etc. I am out of Stamping Up since Spring 2017 but still have lots of supplies!!!! These days I'm back to quilting and having a great time.

Monday, June 14, 2010

June '10 Stampin Up Class projects

June, 2010 class projects. Well I enjoyed making all of these with a little help and inspiration from others. The 3-d flower card was just so much fun but won't fit in an envelope.
I found this card idea on pg. 72, Papercrafts May 2006, cased card by Amber Crosley. I changed it up by texturing the colored piece. The butterflies are a die by Stampin Up as well as the plates and verses. The verses are from Whimiscal Words, SAB '10. The butterflies die is from Mini catalog that retired 5/31/10. It has 5 butterflies. I pop dotted the big one on inside of the card.



Well this card idea by Joanne Gelnar. When you see a great idea, just change it up based on what you have on hand. Well of course I used my favorite and very first SU set: Lovely as a Tree. Yep, it didn't retire this year either. I just love it.
The leaves in the background are stamped in Sahara Sand, Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Choc. Chip.
Cardstock: Old Olive, Very Vanilla, Natural Vanilla color.
Yarn, unknown










Once again, inspired by Joanne Gelnar. Give credit where credit is due. What a fun project.
Using your round scallop punch, punch out 5. Punch a hole thru the middle. Now one at a time, wet each scallop circle, both sides and take out your frustrations on it by wadding it up. Actually one girl in class called it an old fashioned "Spit" ball. Now I surely don't remember making one of those as a young girl.
Open up each flower petal. Insert brad thru and thread each layer on. Bend brad back flat. Now re squish the flower and then open up to suit you. Let dry or with a little help from the heat gun we moved on. The white is textured with SU texture plates of your choice.
Cardstock: Rich Razzleberry, W.White, Cottage designer paper.
Sets: Leave from Petal Pizzaz, words of your choice.
Sizes for paper: Designer paper: 1 5/8 x 4 1/8
Rich Razzleberry to back it: 2 3/8 x 4 1/4
Accessories: Brad, water, scallop border punch, texture plates

No comments:

My Blog

May, 2009 when I started the blog and it's still a learning experience even in 2017.

If you are ever looking for a retired stamp set, ask me, I might have it and let it go.

As a follower you'll get emails when I post things which I tend to do in batches, once or twice a month once I get back on schedule.

Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate all comments.