About Me

My photo
Midway, NC, United States
I retired from Bali Bras, Sara Lee Intimates. Married in Oct 1976. I love meeting new people so hope to hear from you. Drop me a line. I've been doing crafts of all kinds since I was a kid. I loved making things and especially things that are recycled. I had never stamped until 2001 when I went to a stamp class while on vacation. We went to a local store to buy the stamps we had used. OUCH. When we got home I saw a Stampin Up catalog and realized how much money I could save with their stamps and best part as they are sets that go together which makes for easy card making. After doing some thinking I decided I should sign up as a demo and see what happens. I didn't know the first thing about stamping and still learning. Retired from Sara Lee Intimates in Feb 2001. I was in sales after many years, since age 18, as an office person, secretary, office assistant, etc. I am out of Stamping Up since Spring 2017 but still have lots of supplies!!!! These days I'm back to quilting and having a great time.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

July 2012 class projects

July 2012 class project.  Ok, so I did it again, I got stuck in one color.  Just couldn't find a color I was happy with this month.  The little apron is just so cute and maybe I'll come up with a surprise to tuck inside the apron.    I might change the flower color on the card on the left to give you a bit of color.

 I have some seats open for Sunday 7/15/12, 2 -4:30 pm.   $15 for 2.5 hr. and I'll supply everything you'll need.   You need to call me by Friday evening if you want a seat for Sunday class. 


July 2012 class project, Joan Lowder    Pocket card  using "Just Believe" stamp set

Set: Just Believe

Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Baja Breeze, Pear Pizzaz

Cutting:

1. Baja Breeze: 4 x 5 ¼”

2. Front piece: Very Vanilla 2 x 4 for flowers/grass.

3. Mount onto Pear Pizzaz 2 ¼ x 4 ¼” .

4. Pocket inside card: Cut a piece of V.Vanilla 1 ¾ x 4 ½” to go inside the card. Stamp the little rectangle piece with greenery on there.

5. Tag: 1 piece of V.Vanilla 3 x 4 ¼”

Ink: Pear Pizzaz, Not quite navy, Old olive ,

Accessories: Corner rounder, scissors, paper cutter, stamping dimensionals, pearls, dotted swiss embossing folder, ¼” round punch, ½” round punch, Daubers


  If you have any questions, please call me, 336-764-3546.
Don't forget that the new catalogs are here and only $5, while supplies. 

Summer Afternoon in the swing
Set: Hostess 2012 “Summer Afternoon” ,any background stamp or embossing folder will work. I used Sanded. Filigree for background of the buttons, Happy Harmony for some words (retired)

Cardstock: Card: Certainly Celery; W.White 2 ¾, smidge less x 3 for the swing; Melon Mambo 3 x 3 1/8”; Pacific Point Blue 3 ½ x 3 ¾”

Ink: Certainly Celery, Pacific Blue, Brown stazon, pencils to color in

Accessories: ribbon for the buttons, Brayer to ink up the background stamp, Stampin Dimensionals, Scoring board to score ½ of the blue, (crimper would work but this looks better), Button embosslit,

Summer Afternoon apron card
Sets: Summer Afternoon (Hostess’12); Life cycles (retired), Sweet Serendipity for words, background stamp was “Pretty Petals”. Or use an embossing folder.


Cardstock: Tempting Turquoise, W. White, Background colors

Cutting: White is 1 7/8 x 2 7/8” , Back in color of your choice. W. White for words… stamp first and then punch.

Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Island Indigo #122937; Black Stazon,

Accessories: Colored pencils, Oval scallop punch, Lg. oval punch, Stampin Dimensionals, 1/8” hole punch, ribbon

No comments:

My Blog

May, 2009 when I started the blog and it's still a learning experience even in 2017.

If you are ever looking for a retired stamp set, ask me, I might have it and let it go.

As a follower you'll get emails when I post things which I tend to do in batches, once or twice a month once I get back on schedule.

Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate all comments.