About Me

My photo
Midway, NC, United States
I retired from Bali Bras, Sara Lee Intimates. Married in Oct 1976. I love meeting new people so hope to hear from you. Drop me a line. I've been doing crafts of all kinds since I was a kid. I loved making things and especially things that are recycled. I had never stamped until 2001 when I went to a stamp class while on vacation. We went to a local store to buy the stamps we had used. OUCH. When we got home I saw a Stampin Up catalog and realized how much money I could save with their stamps and best part as they are sets that go together which makes for easy card making. After doing some thinking I decided I should sign up as a demo and see what happens. I didn't know the first thing about stamping and still learning. Retired from Sara Lee Intimates in Feb 2001. I was in sales after many years, since age 18, as an office person, secretary, office assistant, etc. I am out of Stamping Up since Spring 2017 but still have lots of supplies!!!! These days I'm back to quilting and having a great time.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

September 2012 class projects & supplies

Thanks to all who came to the Sept. classes and hope you enjoyed your cards.  If you have questions please contact me, jlowder1@bellsouth.net or call me 336- 764-3546


Set:  Just Believe and your choice of words


Card: So Saffron Rocks are of a brown. If you see streaks, I added those with the edge of my scissors. You’ll need one more ¼ sheet of cardstock to do the front so that you can adhere the ribbon to the back. If you use trim then you can do all of this on the front of the actual card.

Cardstock, So Saffron for the card. ¼ sheet of cardstock, same color for the front. Scraps for the tag. Any brown to tear to make the mountain from where your tree will grow.

Ink: Brown, Tangerine Tango, Cajun Craze

Accessories: Sponge, ribbon or trim, stampin Dimensionals



Set: Fine Feathers and words of your choice.

Card: Vanilla cardstock card

Accent side piece, designer paper or make your own. I used Vanilla. I’ll post a photo of handmade piece. I like it better with dragging color and then adding feathers.

Colors used: Pool party, C. Celery, Lucky Limeade & Indigo from ’11-13 in colors, Not Quite Navy. Stamped feathers in Not Quite Navy.

Peacock feather. I stamped in your favorite green above and then dabbed with Indigo. Once you cut it out, daub around the edges with Indigo for darker look. There is one stamped on envelope as well as inside the card

Words stamped in Indigo. Feather is raised up. On some I added a reinstone in center of feather.

On one you can see I stamped the feather very lightly in background. If you don’t have a light touch, you’ll need to stamp off first and then stamp randomly.

Accessories: Clear stampin block; daubers, stampin Dimensionals, perhaps a reinstone

Stamp Sets:   Pleasant Poppies, 2012;   A Happy Hello is from All Year Cheer 1, retired.


Cardstock card: Night of Navy with white insert with poppies. Front is any designer paper in bashful blue.

Poppies: I stamped the poppies on the circle as well as the white strip in black craft ink with clear embossing powder so you could color in.

Ink: Black craft pad, markers in Bashful blue (or colored pencils with blender pen), C. Celery or your choice.

Accessories: Clear stamping block F, Ribbon or trim, circle punch 1 3/8 and 1 ½, Designer paper, Stampin DImensionals, perhaps texture plate r folder, embossing buddy, clear embossing powder

No comments:

My Blog

May, 2009 when I started the blog and it's still a learning experience even in 2017.

If you are ever looking for a retired stamp set, ask me, I might have it and let it go.

As a follower you'll get emails when I post things which I tend to do in batches, once or twice a month once I get back on schedule.

Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate all comments.