About Me

My photo
Midway, NC, United States
I retired from Bali Bras, Sara Lee Intimates. Married in Oct 1976. I love meeting new people so hope to hear from you. Drop me a line. I've been doing crafts of all kinds since I was a kid. I loved making things and especially things that are recycled. I had never stamped until 2001 when I went to a stamp class while on vacation. We went to a local store to buy the stamps we had used. OUCH. When we got home I saw a Stampin Up catalog and realized how much money I could save with their stamps and best part as they are sets that go together which makes for easy card making. After doing some thinking I decided I should sign up as a demo and see what happens. I didn't know the first thing about stamping and still learning. Retired from Sara Lee Intimates in Feb 2001. I was in sales after many years, since age 18, as an office person, secretary, office assistant, etc. I am out of Stamping Up since Spring 2017 but still have lots of supplies!!!! These days I'm back to quilting and having a great time.

Saturday, February 2, 2013

February Stamp class projects & Supply List

Joan Lowder's February 2013 class projects & supply list below.. 
Lovely Lilacs is a sign of spring


Sets: Heaven Scent (retired); All I have Seen (envelope) retired; butterfly from Bloomin Marvelous (2013 SAB)

Cardstock: Wisteria Wonder (2011-2013 in color), W. White

Ink: Wisteria Wonder, Always Artichoke, Concord Crush (Retired), Pretty in Pink

Accessories: Stampin Dimensionals, daubers, snips, Big Shot, Embossing Folder “Woodgrain”,
Instructions:  Cut Wisteria Wonder down to 4 x 5 ¼” and run thru the Big Shot with Woodgrain embossing folder.

Stamp Words on Scraps of W. White in Concord Crush or Artichoke. Your preference. Fussy cut around the words. You’ll only pop dot the back of the right side.

Lilac stack: White 1 ¾ x 3 ¼”. Layered on top of Wisteria Wonder 2 x 3 ½”, layered on top of W. White cut 2 ¼ x 3 ¾” . (personally, I’d cut the white piece for lilac out of the back piece and save paper)

On white scraps I stamped the butterfly from Bloomin Marvelous in Pretty in pink, fussy cut out.


Sturdy Oak Tree


Sets: Lovely as a Tree, 3 little words

Cardstock: Card is River Rock. Front is Soft Suede, W.White for the tree, white scraps for words.

Ink: Early Expresso, Crumb Cake, River Rock

Accessories: Paper snips, Embossing folder “Woodgrain”, Big Shot, yarn or ribbon, daubers, stampin Dimensionals, Tombow glue to hold ribbon in place

Instructions:  Cut the Soft Suede 4 x 5 ¼”; Cut the white for the tree 2 ¼ x 2 ½:; River Rock 2 ½ x 2 ¾”
Stamp the tree in E.Expresso on White with 2 ½, horizontal. Stamp the words in E. Expresso and cut out with a punch or fussy cut with snips.

Daub around the edge of the white w/E. Expresso. Lightly dust the edges of the white with the tree as well as the words with Crumb Cake . Lightly daub River Rock over the tree if you want a bit of color.




Bloomin Marvelous


Set: Bloomin Marvelous (2013 SAB), Sincere Salutations, Best Yet (retired) , For words in sq. scallop I liked : Natural Beauty, Sage Advice (both retired)

Cardstock: W.White on a Rich Razzleberry card.

Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Wild Wasabi, Black

Accessories: Stampin Dimensionals, Reinstones or pearls, Square Scallop Punch, snips, Tombow Glue just in case.

Instructions:
2 pcs. Of W. white (for front and inside), 4 x 5 ¼”
Stamp words on W.White , about 2 x 10” & punch out with Square Scallop Punch out of works,, set aside
You’ll have enough what left over to stamp a quote for front of card.
Stamp 4 flowers in Rich Razzleberry on white scraps (about 1 x 5 inches) and cut out
Cut: Wild Wasabi, 3 pcs 1 1/2"” x 1 1/2" pcs to back the sq. scallops pieces with words.
Apply something to center of flowers if you wish.


No comments:

My Blog

May, 2009 when I started the blog and it's still a learning experience even in 2017.

If you are ever looking for a retired stamp set, ask me, I might have it and let it go.

As a follower you'll get emails when I post things which I tend to do in batches, once or twice a month once I get back on schedule.

Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate all comments.