About Me

My photo
Midway, NC, United States
I retired from Bali Bras, Sara Lee Intimates. Married in Oct 1976. I love meeting new people so hope to hear from you. Drop me a line. I've been doing crafts of all kinds since I was a kid. I loved making things and especially things that are recycled. I had never stamped until 2001 when I went to a stamp class while on vacation. We went to a local store to buy the stamps we had used. OUCH. When we got home I saw a Stampin Up catalog and realized how much money I could save with their stamps and best part as they are sets that go together which makes for easy card making. After doing some thinking I decided I should sign up as a demo and see what happens. I didn't know the first thing about stamping and still learning. Retired from Sara Lee Intimates in Feb 2001. I was in sales after many years, since age 18, as an office person, secretary, office assistant, etc. I am out of Stamping Up since Spring 2017 but still have lots of supplies!!!! These days I'm back to quilting and having a great time.

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Pinterest..... is my new pleasure

I mentioned how much I'm enjoying Pinterest.  Sometime last year in January, 2012 one of my stampers, Susan Kelley told me about Pinterest.  She said it was the coolest thing, like a bulletin board of things you like.  I thought how interesting.  Well it is but you just don't get it til you sign up and have your own boards.  Here's mine is just a year.   http://pinterest.com/jlocreations/     Boy have I had fun.    I think we should start a Pinterest club.

What it did for me is make me feel good about things I might want to do, try.  Photos of things that were just pretty, color and if I was blue, Pinterest gave me lots to look at.  Feeling so good I had been gradually weening myself off Wellbutrin antidepressants and viola, a year later my feel good drug of choice is Pinterest.    I'm hoping 2013 will be less daydreaming and more using.  I have so much stuff in the way of supplies, fabric, etc.  I've set a goal to try to starting using down many of my supplies.  Ok, so you might not be able to tell a difference if you come visit but it's a start. 

I also discovered Zentangle last year before Pinterest.  While I'm having fun and mine are not too bad (really no good or bad in Zentangle), I'm just amazed I had never heard about it and the images on Pinterest are just wow's. 

So if I'm having a down day now, I just go to Pinterest and look up one thing and that takes me to another and another and before you know it I'm smiling over recipes to crafts to just funny pictures. 

Here's hoping you have a wonderful day today and that you are having fun in life.  Don't leave it all for your senior years.   

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree!! Pinterest rules!! And I love following you, you are one of my favorite pinners!

My Blog

May, 2009 when I started the blog and it's still a learning experience even in 2017.

If you are ever looking for a retired stamp set, ask me, I might have it and let it go.

As a follower you'll get emails when I post things which I tend to do in batches, once or twice a month once I get back on schedule.

Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate all comments.