About Me

My photo
Midway, NC, United States
I retired from Bali Bras, Sara Lee Intimates. Married in Oct 1976. I love meeting new people so hope to hear from you. Drop me a line. I've been doing crafts of all kinds since I was a kid. I loved making things and especially things that are recycled. I had never stamped until 2001 when I went to a stamp class while on vacation. We went to a local store to buy the stamps we had used. OUCH. When we got home I saw a Stampin Up catalog and realized how much money I could save with their stamps and best part as they are sets that go together which makes for easy card making. After doing some thinking I decided I should sign up as a demo and see what happens. I didn't know the first thing about stamping and still learning. Retired from Sara Lee Intimates in Feb 2001. I was in sales after many years, since age 18, as an office person, secretary, office assistant, etc. I am out of Stamping Up since Spring 2017 but still have lots of supplies!!!! These days I'm back to quilting and having a great time.

Monday, March 25, 2013

Revamp the sofa pillows for a new look

In addition to trying to get my act in order in 2013, I thought about all the times Don and I share taping on the tv and then there is little time for me to watch what I've taped.  Love that DVR.    Yep there is a TV downstairs in the craft room but no windows. 

On the top floor are 2 rooms and a bath.  One is a bedroom and the other is like a sitting room.  Both very pretty but we rarely get guests and what a waste of space.  So I've decided to take it over and have my own woman retreat.  It has windows, nice furniture and a place to hang out, watch a hallmark movie, quilting, take a nap and I might let him visit. 

While laying on the sofa I was looking around at how I might make some changes.  I do plan to make some pillows for the furniture but thought how could I make it more up to date, as it's almost 20 years and hardly been sat on.  I decided to take the ruffles off the pillows and stitch them back up.  Takes up less space and I think I like it.  1 more pillow to go.  Just another one of those projects I can do while watching a movie. 

Well of course I thought of sharing when I was down to just one pillow left to remove the ruffles.    Now with the ruffles removed I can easily make slip covers for the 4 pillows and change the look of the room.  Keep you posted.

I'm having fun in 2013.. 

No comments:

My Blog

May, 2009 when I started the blog and it's still a learning experience even in 2017.

If you are ever looking for a retired stamp set, ask me, I might have it and let it go.

As a follower you'll get emails when I post things which I tend to do in batches, once or twice a month once I get back on schedule.

Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate all comments.