3 cards you can easily make at home but way more fun to do them in class. I'm pleased with the projects and hope you'll enjoy doing them. A little cutting, a little coloring, a little faux watercolor.
"Inspired by Spring in Faux Watercolor"
Cardstock: Pretty in Pink 8.5 x 5.5 " Cut off 1 1/4" off the front side that opens; 2 5/8 x 3 3/8 to back flower.
- Inside: Grass: might be best to stamp off using the Certainly Celery or lightly tap on the ink with the pad. Once again, I found it easier to take paper to stamp.
- The flower is backed with pink or same color as card so when you open it, it's a nice finish.
- Be sure to attach the lace edge to the back of the long front piece before attaching to the card.
- Be sure to glue or attach double stick tape to the left back side of the flower so that you don't have glue hanging out on the back side.
Project #2 "Always" a Spring Bird
Set: "Always" and any words of your choice
Cardstock: Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Barely Banana, Sage Shadow:
Whisper White 5.5 x 8.5" for card, 2 1/4 x 4 1/4" to stamp bird and A to cut out, white piece for the front 2 5/8 x 3 3/8"; Bashful Blue 4 1/8 x 5 3/8 "; Sage Shadow strip 2.5 x 5 3/4" because it gets shorter when crimped, 2 5/8 x 3 3/8" for behind the bird; Sage Shadow to back the white is 2 7/8 x 3 5/8 " and Barely Banana to back the white layered on Sage is: 3 x 3 7/8".
Ink: Bashful Blue, Shade Shadow, black for words
Accessories: Paper snips, 1 1/4 circle punch, bashful blue or white grosgrain ribbon, pop dots, envelope, double stick tape, corner punch.
Stamp bird in Bashful Blue and cut out. Just to make life easier, stamp the bird on the front after the twigs were stamped. This way you don't have to worry about cutting out the feet, just mount the bird over the stamped one. I like to only put glue or adhesive in the center of the bird so that the edges are not glued down.
- Stamp twig in Sage Shadow in white piece for the front. Then the bird in blue. Leave space for words and corner. Like pencil marks will help. Use your cut out bird for placement
- Stamp the twig in Bashful Blue down the sides of the front blue piece. Crimp the Sage Shadow strip. I also stamped some of the twigs down the side on inside of the card edge.
- Always in circle. Use the punch to punch it out placing the punch pretty close to the edge for a smoother cut as only "always" (or any word you might want to use) will show.
- Tie the ribbon around the crimped piece before adhering down to the card with double stick tape.
- I used dimensionals to raise up the piece with the bird on the front, over the crimped piece.
- Corner. Stamp the corner with the heart in sage shadow just so it's not so plain.
Project #3 "Birthday Gift takes Flight"
Set: Bitty Birthday #114934 $12.95 Uses the entire set.
Ink: Black Stazon, Yo Yo Yellow, Basic Black
Accessories: Markers or pencils to color or use aqua painter or blender pen and crayons, Small oval punch #107304, Large oval punch #107305, Scallop oval punch #114889, Circle Scallop punch #109043, black marker, ruler, dimensionals, crimper, double stick tape, colored sharpie to make dots around the circle punched piece inside the card. Choice of wheel/handle.
Instructions: Stamp the gift bag in stazon with the balloons up over the bag. Tie the balloons to the bag by using a ruler draw straight lines with marker. We discovered that the straight lines looked better than mine. Stamp the cake and punch out with circle scallop punch to glue inside.