About Me

My photo
Midway, NC, United States
I retired from Bali Bras, Sara Lee Intimates. Married in Oct 1976. I love meeting new people so hope to hear from you. Drop me a line. I've been doing crafts of all kinds since I was a kid. I loved making things and especially things that are recycled. I had never stamped until 2001 when I went to a stamp class while on vacation. We went to a local store to buy the stamps we had used. OUCH. When we got home I saw a Stampin Up catalog and realized how much money I could save with their stamps and best part as they are sets that go together which makes for easy card making. After doing some thinking I decided I should sign up as a demo and see what happens. I didn't know the first thing about stamping and still learning. Retired from Sara Lee Intimates in Feb 2001. I was in sales after many years, since age 18, as an office person, secretary, office assistant, etc. I am out of Stamping Up since Spring 2017 but still have lots of supplies!!!! These days I'm back to quilting and having a great time.

Sunday, April 4, 2010

March 2010 class projects


March 2010 has come and gone but here are the projects we made in class. I enjoyed all 3 cards as they can be used from b'day to sympathy. Below I've posted each with supply list and some instruction. For a card packet to make this project, send me an email, jlowder1@bellsouth.net


Did you know that you can click on the picture to inlarge it if you need more detail. I do need to give credit for inspiration for 2 of these cards so I'll find the names and post.
" Country Morning and Lace"
(inspired by Country Morning Flowers by Auntie _mky on splitcoast)
is a level 1 hostess set from the '09-10 catalog.
Set: Country Morning .....is stamped in black stazon
on whisper white.
Cardstock: 1/2 sheet of Lavender Lace; 1/8 sheet
of Mellow Moss ( cut 2 3/4" x 4");
whisper white is 2.5 x 3.5".
Ink: Black Stazon, classic black
Accessories:
Envelope
Ribbon... about 7 inches,
brads x 2 stressing tool,
Eyelet border punch #113692 $15.95
Dauber
Colored pencils or aqua painter, blender pen
with crayons
Dimensionals

"Lilies in the morning"
trifold card. front is adhered down
Cardstock: Whisper White 1/4 sheet cut 4 x 5.5" , Bermuda Bay is full card, 5.5 x 8.5"., slivers of a green (I used old olive)
Ink: Summer Sun marker, Old Olive marker, Black marker
Ink Pads: Stazon Black, classic black
Accessories: Border Scallop Trim punch (SAB item); Paper snips for fussy cutting lily., envelope, 1 -2 dimensionals.
Fold card in half and score again at 1.5" and it will fold back onto the front. Using a small thin strip of w.white, maybe 1/2-3/4 inch, using the scallop punch (SAB) and it gets glued to the inside of the flap and then glue that down.
I stamped the lilies in stazon and colored in with chalks using tempting turquoise. I cut out the lilies and glued to the front of the card, sort of one on top of each other. I'd pop dot one or two of them to give you some dimension. For the stems, I preferred using slivers of old olive cardstock for stems. Just cut slivers, glue on and then put your flowers on to cover.
The words go in the lower right hand corner so you can see from the front. I used Whimsical Words (SAB).

"Pocket Silhouettes for a friend" inspired by card in '09 catty, pg. 97
This is one of my favorites in the set. This covers a lot of things from stressing the paper to paper piercing, to crimping.
The great thing about this card is that it's a great way to use up scraps of printed designer paper. If you don't have a full piece of paper for the front then just use pieces and cover with the band.
Stamp set: Pocket Silhouettes; Matchbox Messages
Cardstock:
Night of Navy 5.5 x 8.5"
Melon Mambo 1 3/4 x 4 1/4
W.White 4 x 5 1/4"
Paper: Designer paper that coordinates with your card. 2.5 x 4 1/4 inches
Navy Strip 6.5 inches at least x maybe 1/2" and run thru the crimper unless you want to use ribbon
I used a 1/4 sheet of w.white inside the card as navy too dark to write on. 4 x 5 1/4"
Ink: Night of Navy
Accessories: envelope, at least 6 stampin dimensionals, mat pack, paper piercer, linen thread wraps around about 3 times, double stick (for crimped piece & to adhere the linen thread behind) , crimper, circle punch 1 1/4"
Paper pierce across the top edge of the melon mambo and then destress it. I tore the bottom edge of the designer paper. I pop dotted the circle quote. Love , love this card.
Well I certainly may have forgotten something so feel free to contact me if you have questions.




No comments:

My Blog

May, 2009 when I started the blog and it's still a learning experience even in 2017.

If you are ever looking for a retired stamp set, ask me, I might have it and let it go.

As a follower you'll get emails when I post things which I tend to do in batches, once or twice a month once I get back on schedule.

Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate all comments.