About Me

My photo
Midway, NC, United States
I retired from Bali Bras, Sara Lee Intimates. Married in Oct 1976. I love meeting new people so hope to hear from you. Drop me a line. I've been doing crafts of all kinds since I was a kid. I loved making things and especially things that are recycled. I had never stamped until 2001 when I went to a stamp class while on vacation. We went to a local store to buy the stamps we had used. OUCH. When we got home I saw a Stampin Up catalog and realized how much money I could save with their stamps and best part as they are sets that go together which makes for easy card making. After doing some thinking I decided I should sign up as a demo and see what happens. I didn't know the first thing about stamping and still learning. Retired from Sara Lee Intimates in Feb 2001. I was in sales after many years, since age 18, as an office person, secretary, office assistant, etc. I am out of Stamping Up since Spring 2017 but still have lots of supplies!!!! These days I'm back to quilting and having a great time.

Thursday, April 8, 2010

April 2010 class projects

Surprise, I'm posting the April projects before the month has finished.




3 cards you can easily make at home but way more fun to do them in class. I'm pleased with the projects and hope you'll enjoy doing them. A little cutting, a little coloring, a little faux watercolor.






















































Project #1

"Inspired by Spring in Faux Watercolor"













( I was inspired by "Inspired" by Dara on splitcoast as well as "Self Propelled flowers" by stampinforHISglory on splitcoast)





Stamp set: Inspired by Nature
Cardstock: Pretty in Pink 8.5 x 5.5 " Cut off 1 1/4" off the front side that opens; 2 5/8 x 3 3/8 to back flower.

Whisper White for the front: 5.5" x at least 2 1/8" , inside: 4 1/4 x 5.5" ; 2 5/8 x 3 3/8" for the flower that's attached to the front. Lace edge: 5.5 x 1" or scraps



Edge all the white pieces using a black marker to resemble faux backed with black


Ink: Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Certainly Celery, Close to Cocoa ink pads; black marker Accessories: Daubers in each color, black marker to edge the white pieces, Eyelet border punch, envelope.


Instructions:

Daub on to the flower petals Pretty in Pink; accent with Regal rose. Close to cocoa for the head of the flower being sure to hit the edges for the crown, then the stems and leaves. I found it easier to take the paper to the stamp.


  1. Inside: Grass: might be best to stamp off using the Certainly Celery or lightly tap on the ink with the pad. Once again, I found it easier to take paper to stamp.

  2. The flower is backed with pink or same color as card so when you open it, it's a nice finish.

  3. Be sure to attach the lace edge to the back of the long front piece before attaching to the card.

  4. Be sure to glue or attach double stick tape to the left back side of the flower so that you don't have glue hanging out on the back side.


Project #2 "Always" a Spring Bird










Set: "Always" and any words of your choice








Cardstock: Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Barely Banana, Sage Shadow:


Whisper White 5.5 x 8.5" for card, 2 1/4 x 4 1/4" to stamp bird and A to cut out, white piece for the front 2 5/8 x 3 3/8"; Bashful Blue 4 1/8 x 5 3/8 "; Sage Shadow strip 2.5 x 5 3/4" because it gets shorter when crimped, 2 5/8 x 3 3/8" for behind the bird; Sage Shadow to back the white is 2 7/8 x 3 5/8 " and Barely Banana to back the white layered on Sage is: 3 x 3 7/8".


Ink: Bashful Blue, Shade Shadow, black for words


Accessories: Paper snips, 1 1/4 circle punch, bashful blue or white grosgrain ribbon, pop dots, envelope, double stick tape, corner punch.


Instructions:


Stamp bird in Bashful Blue and cut out. Just to make life easier, stamp the bird on the front after the twigs were stamped. This way you don't have to worry about cutting out the feet, just mount the bird over the stamped one. I like to only put glue or adhesive in the center of the bird so that the edges are not glued down.




  • Stamp twig in Sage Shadow in white piece for the front. Then the bird in blue. Leave space for words and corner. Like pencil marks will help. Use your cut out bird for placement


  • Stamp the twig in Bashful Blue down the sides of the front blue piece. Crimp the Sage Shadow strip. I also stamped some of the twigs down the side on inside of the card edge.



  • Always in circle. Use the punch to punch it out placing the punch pretty close to the edge for a smoother cut as only "always" (or any word you might want to use) will show.


  • Tie the ribbon around the crimped piece before adhering down to the card with double stick tape.



  • I used dimensionals to raise up the piece with the bird on the front, over the crimped piece.


  • Corner. Stamp the corner with the heart in sage shadow just so it's not so plain.


Project #3 "Birthday Gift takes Flight"







Set: Bitty Birthday #114934 $12.95 Uses the entire set.




Cardstock: Yo Yo Yellow 4.25 x 11"; Whisper White 2 x 4" + scraps for cake; Green Galore 4 1/8 x 2 1/8"; Tempting Turquoise 5.5 x 1 1/4"

Ink: Black Stazon, Yo Yo Yellow, Basic Black





Accessories: Markers or pencils to color or use aqua painter or blender pen and crayons, Small oval punch #107304, Large oval punch #107305, Scallop oval punch #114889, Circle Scallop punch #109043, black marker, ruler, dimensionals, crimper, double stick tape, colored sharpie to make dots around the circle punched piece inside the card. Choice of wheel/handle.


Instructions: Stamp the gift bag in stazon with the balloons up over the bag. Tie the balloons to the bag by using a ruler draw straight lines with marker. We discovered that the straight lines looked better than mine. Stamp the cake and punch out with circle scallop punch to glue inside.



Roll the front of the card with your favorite wheel in Yo Yo Yellow. I also rolled the inside.










No comments:

My Blog

May, 2009 when I started the blog and it's still a learning experience even in 2017.

If you are ever looking for a retired stamp set, ask me, I might have it and let it go.

As a follower you'll get emails when I post things which I tend to do in batches, once or twice a month once I get back on schedule.

Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate all comments.