About Me

My photo
Midway, NC, United States
I retired from Bali Bras, Sara Lee Intimates. Married in Oct 1976. I love meeting new people so hope to hear from you. Drop me a line. I've been doing crafts of all kinds since I was a kid. I loved making things and especially things that are recycled. I had never stamped until 2001 when I went to a stamp class while on vacation. We went to a local store to buy the stamps we had used. OUCH. When we got home I saw a Stampin Up catalog and realized how much money I could save with their stamps and best part as they are sets that go together which makes for easy card making. After doing some thinking I decided I should sign up as a demo and see what happens. I didn't know the first thing about stamping and still learning. Retired from Sara Lee Intimates in Feb 2001. I was in sales after many years, since age 18, as an office person, secretary, office assistant, etc. I am out of Stamping Up since Spring 2017 but still have lots of supplies!!!! These days I'm back to quilting and having a great time.

Monday, September 14, 2009

Fifth Avenue Florals, Sept '09 stamp class

September 2009 class is using Rich Razzleberry, one of the new In Colors and the Fifth Avenue Floral set. Love this rose on Shimmery Paper.



Roses are popping up everywhere. This could be one of my most pleasant cards to work on as they all come out so differently and no two seem to be alike. I do like that this is using just one color of ink, Rich Razzleberry and I have to tell you that alone makes it easy. Trick is to spitze the paper and let the ink move on the paper in the water. No need to rub the paper other than to move the ink around.

Well I must say I'm hooked on this technique. I saw it on Patty Bennet's blog. As you can see no two turn out the same way.

The style of this card was inspired by jdmeeks on Splitcoaststampers.


This is one of the cards for the Sept. class. I used Cottage Wall designer paper and as you can see since it's double sided, they card can look so different.

First time I've ever used the shimmery paper and oh I do like it and the photo doesn't do it justice but you can see the shimmer.

Stamp Sets: Fifth Avenue Floral #113734 $24.95
Wild Rose (for the leaves)

Cottage Wall Designer paper attached to a white card. The top part is white cardstock using a texture plate and adhered to a white card. They are joined with black grosgrain ribbon. I taped the two pieces of paper together with tape on the back side. This way the ribbon can wrap around and be under the front pieces and not show on the inside of the card. Clean looking. The words are in the stamp set. As for leaves, I think you could use leaves from most any set. The set comes with 3 flowers, words, stem.

The color is the new Rich Razzleberry. WOW, I just love it. Did I already say that.







This one is using


Crushed Curry and Dusty Durango



with a touch of Mellon Mambo.











P.S. The plant container is made out of paper mache by my baby sister for one of our Christmas gifts. He always has a smile on his face.

1 comment:

Joan Whitsett Lowder said...

I'm sorry that the photos were not here the first time around. Don't know what happened. Thanks to two folks bringing it to my attention.

My Blog

May, 2009 when I started the blog and it's still a learning experience even in 2017.

If you are ever looking for a retired stamp set, ask me, I might have it and let it go.

As a follower you'll get emails when I post things which I tend to do in batches, once or twice a month once I get back on schedule.

Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate all comments.