About Me

My photo
Midway, NC, United States
I retired from Bali Bras, Sara Lee Intimates. Married in Oct 1976. I love meeting new people so hope to hear from you. Drop me a line. I've been doing crafts of all kinds since I was a kid. I loved making things and especially things that are recycled. I had never stamped until 2001 when I went to a stamp class while on vacation. We went to a local store to buy the stamps we had used. OUCH. When we got home I saw a Stampin Up catalog and realized how much money I could save with their stamps and best part as they are sets that go together which makes for easy card making. After doing some thinking I decided I should sign up as a demo and see what happens. I didn't know the first thing about stamping and still learning. Retired from Sara Lee Intimates in Feb 2001. I was in sales after many years, since age 18, as an office person, secretary, office assistant, etc. I am out of Stamping Up since Spring 2017 but still have lots of supplies!!!! These days I'm back to quilting and having a great time.

Monday, September 14, 2009

September 2009 Stamp Class... Treat Bags & similar Sept card


Well I hope September is treating you well. Hard to believe it's almost Fall and the holidays are just around the corner. To get you started, we are making little treat bags this month. You'll make the white one as well as one in Apricot Appeal. The Set with pumpkings is a nice set, Autumn Harvest, #110372, $17.95 . I used the old deckle scissors to cut off the tops of these 2.4.6.8 bags. Remember you get 2 from one sheet of cardstock. I'll have the pattern for everyone. The words are punched with the Word window punch, #105090 $15.95. The greeting is from "Teenie Tiny Wishes # 115370, $36.95, 24 greetings
.Gosh I forgot to tell you that I used "Dusty Durango" ink, Choc. chip for the face and Handsome Hunter for the leaves around the top.













Now doesn't everyone need a card for a man. It was hard to decide on what do do with this bird. I'm not the best in the art department and surely don't know what color this bird is supposed to be. While I'm showing some samples of trial cards we'll be making the one with the rounded edges. I've finally mastered an easy way to do the bird using daubers rather than messing up your markers. This set is actually growing on me as the other pieces in this set are quiet nice for other cards. Set: Autumn Days #115452 $23.95. Well of course I can't get the other pictures to load so I'll list in a separate entry. It will be similar to these but with rounded edges. I'll add details about sizes, and what I used so do check back.

.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

My Blog

May, 2009 when I started the blog and it's still a learning experience even in 2017.

If you are ever looking for a retired stamp set, ask me, I might have it and let it go.

As a follower you'll get emails when I post things which I tend to do in batches, once or twice a month once I get back on schedule.

Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate all comments.