About Me

My photo
Midway, NC, United States
I retired from Bali Bras, Sara Lee Intimates. Married in Oct 1976. I love meeting new people so hope to hear from you. Drop me a line. I've been doing crafts of all kinds since I was a kid. I loved making things and especially things that are recycled. I had never stamped until 2001 when I went to a stamp class while on vacation. We went to a local store to buy the stamps we had used. OUCH. When we got home I saw a Stampin Up catalog and realized how much money I could save with their stamps and best part as they are sets that go together which makes for easy card making. After doing some thinking I decided I should sign up as a demo and see what happens. I didn't know the first thing about stamping and still learning. Retired from Sara Lee Intimates in Feb 2001. I was in sales after many years, since age 18, as an office person, secretary, office assistant, etc. I am out of Stamping Up since Spring 2017 but still have lots of supplies!!!! These days I'm back to quilting and having a great time.

Friday, September 10, 2010

September 2010 Stamp Class at Joan's

Well I hope you booked your seat for stamp
class at my house or the Senior Center. Did you see my class schedule at the site below.

Don't forget that I have a September special. Class is normally $15 however, if you need some supplies this is the month to come. Place a $15 order while in class and you'll only pay $5 for the class. That's a deal.

Did I happen to mention that I'm cleaning house and adding to my "For Sale" table. Most items are retail so you are saving sales tax and shipping. Some are below retail. Cash or check only.

http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/joanlowder/


For Class seats, call me 764-3546 or email me: jlowder1@bellsouth.net



Project #1: "Autumn in the Park"

As I have said so many times before, I just love the set "Lovely as a Tree". We'll make the background using stamp pads. Just a fun way to make your own printed paper. The leaves can come tumbling out of the card just like leaves falling as you walk thru the park.










Project #2: Elegant lines in Crushed Concord

This card is using the Elegant Lines embossing folder. It's a WOW. I put reinstones in 3 spots which I think just sets it off. Now the flower is using Eastern Blooms stamp set and I made the flower by dropping colors onto a baby wipe with reinkers. Then as you stamp you get this multicolored print. With ust a smidge of color left on the stamp I lightly stamped the background for the oval verse.



Just for fun I tested the waters by spritzing the flower with my own shiney mist that I'll tell you about at the October class. The center of the flower has dots of dazzling diamonds. The petals on the flower are curled under so that it's almost popped up. There is another flower just like it cut out and adhered inside the card with a glue dot.


Project #3: Quick goodie bags

You'll make one of these while in class this month. The little box/bag is a 2 4 6 8 box which is just so easy and can be made in a flash. You can get 2 of these boxes out of one sheet of cardstock. You can get one long one that's about 9.5" long or one a bit shorter.

No comments:

My Blog

May, 2009 when I started the blog and it's still a learning experience even in 2017.

If you are ever looking for a retired stamp set, ask me, I might have it and let it go.

As a follower you'll get emails when I post things which I tend to do in batches, once or twice a month once I get back on schedule.

Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate all comments.