About Me

My photo
Midway, NC, United States
I retired from Bali Bras, Sara Lee Intimates. Married in Oct 1976. I love meeting new people so hope to hear from you. Drop me a line. I've been doing crafts of all kinds since I was a kid. I loved making things and especially things that are recycled. I had never stamped until 2001 when I went to a stamp class while on vacation. We went to a local store to buy the stamps we had used. OUCH. When we got home I saw a Stampin Up catalog and realized how much money I could save with their stamps and best part as they are sets that go together which makes for easy card making. After doing some thinking I decided I should sign up as a demo and see what happens. I didn't know the first thing about stamping and still learning. Retired from Sara Lee Intimates in Feb 2001. I was in sales after many years, since age 18, as an office person, secretary, office assistant, etc. I am out of Stamping Up since Spring 2017 but still have lots of supplies!!!! These days I'm back to quilting and having a great time.

Friday, October 8, 2010

Stamped 2 4 6 8 box/bag project

Welcome to one of the easiest boxes/bags you will ever make. It's a 2 4 6 8 template. Here are 3 sizes you can make. Idea is to score at equal points, 2", 4", 6", 8" to make this box. You must have a bit left over to have something to glue the corner to. The bottom is scored accordingly. I normally score the bottom to match the sides, 2". However on the smaller box I only scored at 1.5" or else the box is just too short.

Hope you'll have fun making these. Best to score, then stamp, then make your folds on the score lines.

The middle box is scored in landscape mode. After the 8" score mark, you'll then make a cut length of paper at about 8.5 or 9". I put my adhesive on the fold over piece entire length of the paper.

Be sure to crease all your score marks before making your cuts. Very important.





Well I just love this little box and I'm trying to load photos to show you how to score and cut. You can get 2 small ones from one pattern/1 sheet of paper. The small size is the one I use the most. Of course the larger size is a very nice size as well. What you want to remember is that when making the two small boxes, you'll want to score bottoms on both ends and for the small box I only make the small box 1.5" in from the end. If you do a 2" bottom your box/bag will be too short. On the taller boxes/bags, I make the bottom score at 2" from the end. I sure hope this makes sense. So I'm showing you layout for the larger boxes/bags. Then I'm showing only 1/2 page for the small box. Of course my other photo won't load but check back as I'm still trying to get it to upload. Thanks for your patience. Email me if you have questions. jlowder1@bellsouth.net

No comments:

My Blog

May, 2009 when I started the blog and it's still a learning experience even in 2017.

If you are ever looking for a retired stamp set, ask me, I might have it and let it go.

As a follower you'll get emails when I post things which I tend to do in batches, once or twice a month once I get back on schedule.

Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate all comments.