About Me

My photo
Midway, NC, United States
I retired from Bali Bras, Sara Lee Intimates. Married in Oct 1976. I love meeting new people so hope to hear from you. Drop me a line. I've been doing crafts of all kinds since I was a kid. I loved making things and especially things that are recycled. I had never stamped until 2001 when I went to a stamp class while on vacation. We went to a local store to buy the stamps we had used. OUCH. When we got home I saw a Stampin Up catalog and realized how much money I could save with their stamps and best part as they are sets that go together which makes for easy card making. After doing some thinking I decided I should sign up as a demo and see what happens. I didn't know the first thing about stamping and still learning. Retired from Sara Lee Intimates in Feb 2001. I was in sales after many years, since age 18, as an office person, secretary, office assistant, etc. I am out of Stamping Up since Spring 2017 but still have lots of supplies!!!! These days I'm back to quilting and having a great time.

Friday, October 8, 2010

October 2010 stamp class projects








October is my last month for classes this year so I hope you have reserved a seat. 3 cards for the holiday/winter season. Time permitting, you'll also get to make 4 Holiday tags.
Well now don't you just love this "Northern Flurry" embossing folder for a simple and elegant card. Talk about fast. The impression is just so impressive. I used Pear Pizzazz for the actual card. Card #1 has been the favorite so far and of course it's the easiest. I must say, I also like it. The embossing folders just make for a very fast card. Just keep some made up and you only have to add the greeting. I used last years snowflake stamps to do the envelope and inside the card in Pear Pizzazz.


I used Cherry Cobbler for the card here. I did also use Crystal Effects on the berries.


On the bells, I did use dazzling diamonds around the edge. Now I do think there is a math method to getting the two diamond inserts but I did it by trial and error.








From Bells and Boughs you'll get to choose between the bells and the holly. Now don't you just love this cool white background which was done with the crimper. This card was using Garden Green which is what we are using in class.











It's all in the fold. I must say I did case this idea and if you need further instructions, let me know and I'll send the site I got it from. You'll need to mark your white card at 2 5/8" at the top and bottom edge of the long side of the white cardstock. The on the sides measure in at 2". Now score from the 2" mark to the 2 5/8" mark on all 4 sides forming a triange. Now fold in the points and with the card horizontal, you'll want to run the folded piece thru the crimper and go over half way thru. Pull it out and flip it around and do the same, again, going over half way. Viola, what a cool look. You will want to pull out the top and bottom a big as it does scruntch it up and you lose your squared up look.

No comments:

My Blog

May, 2009 when I started the blog and it's still a learning experience even in 2017.

If you are ever looking for a retired stamp set, ask me, I might have it and let it go.

As a follower you'll get emails when I post things which I tend to do in batches, once or twice a month once I get back on schedule.

Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate all comments.